OPTiX FMJ Graphene Coating
OPTiX Nano Technologies FMJ Graphene Coating
Full Metal Jacket is a graphene based coating. Graphene coating is really a "SiO2 ceramic coating or a "SiO2 glass coating".
OPTiX FMJ is a premium SiO2 glass/ceramic coating with graphene nano particles. FMJ is rated at 9H hardness and provides high scratch-resistance.
What To Use It For:
- Prevent dirt, grime and/or stains on the paint.
- Prevent external damages such as scratches.
- Prevent damage of clear coat.
- Add protection/longevity to your vehicle's paint.
- Produce a beautiful deep shine.
- Gloss or matte vehicles.
What Is Graphene Coating?
A Graphene coating is a crystallising polymer liquid that chemically bonds to paint, glass and wheels. It bonds to create a fine layer of crystal over the surface that will ultimately fight off outside elements and such that will degrade a vehicle's finish. Due to the crystal-like nature, a graphene or ceramic coating will also produce a nice gloss of its own league. It can be applied to matte, satin or gloss surfaces. In order to prepare for coating, the surface should be primed, e.g. decontamination, polished.
In terms of hardness, OPTiX FMJ has a hardness rating of 9H. The hardness of the liquid polymer will play a large role in how the coating performs against the elements, scratches etc. FMJ will provide you with high scratch resistance but note that this will not magically protect your car forever nor will it completely prevent scratches etc. If you are looking for something that will magically protect you, research paint protection film.
How Long Will It Last For?
Most ceramic coatings will last two to three. Some may see three to five years and it is recommended that you apply two coats for best results. There are a few factors into prolonging or shortening the life of a coating that one should note. The first two factors include how well you primed the surface and also how well you applied the coating. The last factor is maintaining it. OPTiX offers a range of products such as #NINE, Final Boost or Nano Slick, that will add layers over your ceramic coating to protect it further. Washing the car regularly, but not too frequently will also help prolong the life.
How To Use It:
When it comes to graphene/ceramic coatings, you can pay a car detailer (ideally OPTiX certified detailers) to apply the coat for you. Or you purchase this bottle and apply it yourself.
- Wash the vehicle.
- You will need to prime the surface - decontaminate the vehicle using an iron remover as well as claying the whole car.
- You will then need to give the vehicle a buff (do not buff or polish a matte or satin surface) to make sure you have good clean paint to work with.
- Gather the necessary items you will need (in description).
- Apply a layer of coating.
- Allow to cure for roughly 2 hours (short cure time over OP888)
- Apply second layer.
- Allow to cure.
What You Will Need:
- Bottle of ceramic coating.
- 3 microfiber cloth towels.
- Microfiber/foam applicator.
- Pair of gloves.
Things To Note:
- Applicable Locations: Exterior Paint, Wheels & Glass
- Product Form: Liquid
- Product Type: SiO2 Ceramic Coating
- Safe on gloss or matte paints/wraps.