OPTiX Iron Remover
OPTiX Iron Remover
Iron Removers are an ever-so growing popular product for the world of car detailing. When it comes to wheel cleaning, this iron decontaminator is one of those must-have products for your workshop or use at home. Iron Remover does exactly what it says, it removes/decontaminates ferrous metals that have been embedded into the paint.
- Is a pH-Neutral Formula
- Iron Remover can be used on all wheel types, gloss paint, clear coat finishes, polished metal, chrome and glass.
- Remove ferrous metal deposits
- Neutralise reactions that cause rust and paint failure caused by hot brake ust particles
- Add to the wheel-cleaning & decon arsenal to remove tough/persistent brake dust and contaminants
Easy Visual Iron Removal
OPTiX Iron Remover is an extremely easy-to-use as well as ready-to-use product that is fast acting against iron contaminants and deposits. Once the Iron Remover is finely sprayed onto the surface you have applied it to, the iron catalyst will turn purple once the reaction is complete. This process takes no more than 30 seconds usually. Please refer to the How To Use It section for proper use.
A Must-Have Decontamination Purple Magic
Iron Remover reacts only with ferrous metal which is found on our wheels and paint. Rust occurs when iron sediments react with oxygen when exposed with water/moisture. Iron Remover is a very practical product as it neutralises the bond and takes away the iron element from your wheels or paint therefore, stopping it from rusting if done correctly and frequently. Iron and Iron Oxide particles are jagged and uneven, paint to the eye looks flat to us however it is not. These jagged iron particles can very easily get stuck into the nooks and crannies of the paint etc.
Iron Remover is a good product to use followed up with a good clay bar service to ensure your paint is smooth and clean. This will aid in the process of having a nice surface to work with before an exterior detail and paint correction. It is safe to spray on paint so you can spray the whole car down and depending on the severity, the whole car might turn purple.
Our new Australian made formula has more of a hemp like smell than rotten eggs. This product is pH-Neutral but it is advised that if you do get Iron Remover on your skin, that you wash it off with water immediately. It is also a very strong-smelling product and advise you to wear a mask when using it if you do not want to smell it. We also recommend you to wear gloves during decon.
How To Use It:
- Set the trigger nozzle to a fine mist before you spray.
- Simply spray a fine mist onto the area you want to decontaminate (try not to spray too much)
- Wait approximately 10-30 seconds for the iron catalyst to turn purple.
- Rinse off the area before the purple turns brown. The product is at its most effective stage when it is purple.
- Applicable Locations: All wheel types, gloss paint, clear coat finishes, polished metal, chrome and glass.
- Product Type: Spray
- Product Form: Liquid
- We recommend at least using gloves and possibly a mask.
- Spray bottles come with a trigger.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is this pH neutral? Yes it is
What does iron remover do? Iron removers remove and react to ferrous metals that are sitting on the surface or embedded. This decontaminates the surface.
Is it safe on paint? Of course, it can be used on your wheels and body.
Can I use this on my wheels? Of course you can, it is an important product for removing brake dust and embedded iron particles.
How do I know when to wash off? When the Iron Remover turns purple, it means it is reacting. Wash it off soon after it is purple but don't wait long enough until it turns brown.
Can I use this for decontamination? You should include an 'iron decon' in your decontamination process.
Can this damage my clay bar? It can and we recommend you clay the vehicle first before using iron remover so it has no chance to melt it.