OPTiX OP888 V2 Ceramic Coating (Japanese)
OPTiX OP888 is a premium quartz/ceramic SiO2 glass coating for the regular people or the professional car detailer. OP888 is rated at 9H hardness and provides high scratch-resistance. This ceramic coating is an awesome, premium SiO2 glass coating with an affordable price tag.
What To Use It For:
- Prevent dirt, grime and/or stains on the paint.
- Prevent external damages such as scratches.
- Prevent damage of clear coat.
- Add protection/longevity to your vehicle's paint.
- Produce a beautiful deep shine.
- Gloss or matte vehicles.
What Is Ceramic Coating?
A ceramic coating is a crystallising polymer liquid that chemically bonds to paint, glass and wheels. It bonds to create a fine layer of crystal over the surface that will ultimately fight off outside elements and such that will degrade a vehicle's finish. Due to the crystal-like nature, a ceramic coating will also produce a nice gloss of its own league. In order to prepare for coating, the surface should be primed, e.g. decontamination and a buff.
In terms of hardness, OPTiX OP888 has a hardness rating of 9H. The hardness of the liquid polymer will play a large role in how the coating performs against the elements, scratches etc. OP888 will provide you with high scratch resistance but note that this will not magically protect your car forever nor will it completely prevent scratches etc. If you are looking for something that will magically protect you, research paint protection film.
How Long Will It Last For?
Most ceramic coatings will last three to five years and it is recommended that you apply two coats to get the most out of the three to five years. There are a few factors into prolonging or shortening the life of a coating that one should note. The first two factors include how well you primed the surface and also how well you applied the coating. The last factor is maintaining it. OPTiX offers a range of products such as #NINE, Final Boost or Nano Slick, that will add layers over your ceramic coating to protect it further. Washing the car regularly, but not too frequently will also help prolong the life.
How To Use It:
When it comes to ceramic coatings, you can pay a car detailer (ideally OPTiX certified detailers) to apply the coat for you. Or you purchase this bottle and apply it yourself.
- Wash the vehicle.
- You will need to prime the surface - decontaminate the vehicle using an iron remover as well as claying the whole car.
- You will then need to give the vehicle a buff to make sure you have good clean paint to work with.
- Gather the necessary items you will need (in description).
- Apply a layer of coating.
- Allow to cure for roughly 4 hours.
- Apply second layer.
- Allow to cure.
What This Kit Includes:
- 1x 30mL/50mL OPTiX OP888 Glass Coating
- 1x OPTiX Nano Slick 250mL
- 3x Microfiber Coating Cloths
- 1x Plush Two-Face Microfiber Towel
- 1x Foam Applicator Block
- 1x Microfiber Applicator Block
- 3x Suede Wipes
- 1x Pair of Gloves
- 1x Instruction and Tips Sheet
- 1x OPTiX Door Jamb Sticker
- 1x Do Not Wash Card.
Things To Note:
- Applicable Locations: Exterior Paint, Wheels & Glass
- Product Form: Liquid
- Product Type: SiO2 Ceramic Coating
- Safe on gloss or matte paints/wraps.
- Sizes: 30mL & 50mL
Click this link for tutorial.